Monday, August 18, 2014

Under The Gun - Marvelous Oil by Garnier w/ a little extra

Welcome my loves!!! Today I end my trial of Garnier's Marvelous Oil. I also wanted to show you a personal favorite of mine for hair color. These products were either bought with my own money or received as free trial samples. Let's get to it!

I started my trial with my hair looking like this which is a hot mess.
                                              
As you can see, I'm a natural blonde and I color my hair black. I have been for about 15/16 years now. I was in desperate need of a color at this point. 

Ssssoooooooooo......

This happened:
Yes, three boxes of hair color. My hair is past my butt. Usually I only color my roots and then once a year or once every two years I recoil or the ends of my hair. 

You heard that right. Once a year or two for a recolor. I have blonde hair!!! This stuff barely fades at all, but for the purpose of trying the marvelous oil I decided to do the whole sha-bang. 

If you are not familiar with Bigen permanent powder hair color, it's amazing. No peroxide, no harsh chemicals, just the powder and water and your set to go! I very highly recommend this hair color, especially if your hair is already damaged or your looking to change colors but don't want the damage involved with developer style hair colors. 

Here was the glorious results:
                                            
As you can tell my hair is still slightly damp in this picture, but the color and coverage are fantastic! 

NOW! It's time for this:
Considering you only need a very small amount of this product, this is a very generous sample. And it comes with a $1 off coupon on the back.

The feeling of this in your hands is slightly slick and oily but it's not "greasy" if you understand what I mean. Hopefully you do. The smell was very pleasant and not over whelming at all. 

I put a dime size amount in my hand and rubbed my hands together and then worked it through from root to end.

I let my hair dry naturally, combed it with a wide tooth comb, and then styled it as usual.

Here is a picture in natural sunlight of my lions mane:

This is my hair after two days. I did not wash my hair during those two days. We all know a little natural oil is great for you hair and washing it to much is HORRIBLE for it. 

A few things to note about this product:
1. My hair is still looking great and naturally shines but it's not an obnoxious shellac type shine that you can tell is fake.
2. The oil is extremely light weight. I didn't feel like my hair was weighed down nor did I have any type of nasty build up on my hair. 
3. I did not have any problems with knotting and my hair stayed silky andbrush-able 

Overall, I was pleased with the performance of this product, however, I do have other products that give similar results but maybe not exactly the same. I will do a comparison of those products in the near future. 

I will say that if your hair is curly, frizzy, or knots easily, this may be the product for you. Keep your eyes open for free samples on Garnier's Facebook page or other social media platforms that they are on. You'll get a sample size that will last you three to five uses and a $1 off coupon. That's a damn good deal if you ask me. 

Till the next product goes "Under the Gun".
Love you and appreciate your support!!
Maris







No comments:

Post a Comment